Saturday, September 15, 2007

Ten-Hut: The General's Frat BBQ


I've known this cat for quite a few years: The General and The Bear


The General has recently founded a fraternity at his university, Tamagawagakuen, and Friday was the kick-off, kick-ass BBQ. Things started rather smoothly with the General over-sleeping after a drinking binge. He was supposed to rock up to my pad at 11am so we could scout a good location, but I got a call 11:45 that he had just woken up and that I needed to set the BBQ up with a few of his underlings. We got out to the river, Tamagawa, and were pleasantly surprised by the amount of dry, unclaimed BBQ real estate to park ourselves on. Immediately upon arrival bent over to pick up the 2 grills I was lugging and split my shorts from the top of the back seam down and up through the crotch. It was an omen for awesome day to be had.





The shorts went to Splitsville


With 3 confused 18 year olds running underneath my feet I assumed command and supervised the set up without a hitch and then the General showed up with the rest of his troops. The BBQ went on through the day and was a complete success. Paul even showed up about 5 hours late, but with a 24-pack to keep the good times rolling. I am already looking forward to the next Frat BBQ to which I have been invited for free.


Friday, September 14th, 2007

No comments: