Sunday, September 9, 2007

Brazilian Festa in Yoyogi Park


After the cool sunset I hopped back on the Den En Toshi for Shibuya station where I met Paul and his friend, Canadian Dan, then we proceeded to Yoyogi Park for another one of the international festivals that are held at the NHK Hall entrance of the park. This time the country was Brazil. We ran into Oz James, Kumiko, Swiss Dave, Cam, and Sophi on the way there and they informed us the fest was closing up and the powers that be were running folks off, but we decided to try our luck anyway. We promptly parted ways, except for James who was showing off his purple finger and trying to hold my hand while telling me about how drunk he was (sorry bro, but gawddamit I'm going to miss you when you leave). So, Paul, Dan, and I were off again on our way. We ran into a few more of Paul's friends before running into the person who we were actually supposed to be meeting, Brian, an old friend whom I hadn't seen since February. Then we hooked up with a few of Brian's friends, Sabrina, Diana, and Rob, and had ourselves a small gathering. It was fun, but those kinds of things are usually done while drinking, which everybody besides me was doing. Anyway, it was cool chilling around the stragglers from festa and Paul even got the crew a few rounds of free beers. The Champ!

No comments: