Thursday, September 6, 2007

Let It Rain


Chiho & I


Tokyo started feeling the effects of Typhoon Fito Wednesday morning and it should hit tonight, Thursday, and then be on it's way and clear again by Friday morning. I have been out M.I.A. with a sinus infection and generally feeling weak due to the heavy month of partying capped off with Sunday night's 'Birthday Bender.' However, I had to make it out of my studio sanctuary and brave the intermittent rain for a farewell dinner Wednesday night. Chiho, Oz James' ex-girl, will be leaving for England shortly and Kumiko organized a small and tasteful dinner party for her at La Boheme Qualita, which is a surprisingly classy joint for Shibuya. While I was waiting for Kumiko & Swiss Dave at Hachiko Square I saw some bizarre performance by what looked to be hippie Christian missionaries reenacting some sort of God vs. Satan battle with a ghetto blaster and acoustic guitar. There were about 20 of them. Needless to say it was weird. We met Oz James at the restaurant, then Chiho, Asuka, Eri, Bless, and Hana arrived. It was a very relaxing dinner with light conversation and I didn't drink due to the sinus infection. It was nice seeing Eri, Asuka, and Bless again; I hadn't seen them for a quite awhile. But most importantly, and the reason for going, it was good to see Chiho one last time. I guess I don't really even know her that well because we probably only hung out 5 or 6 times, but she is the type of person you can tell has a warm heart & pure character. That is pretty hard to find in Tokyo. I will most likely never see her again, but it was cool knowing her, even if it was briefly.


Let it rain

No comments: