Monday, September 17, 2007

Burnt Ash is out & Kanadian Kayo is back

¥5000 Between Friends: Dr. 352 & Ash Lee

With Ashley's time drawing to a close he decided to have one last 'hurrah' river party on Sunday night before he's off backing packing through Asia. So, I was really looking forward to this get-together, and then, out of the blue, I got an email from little Kayo, an old co-worker who has been in Canada for about the last 6 months, saying that she was back in Tokyo and wanted to come to the party. So she met me in front of my place and we headed to river where we found Ash and his girl, Haru, set up. The festivities brewed with a surprise visit by a team of paramedics attending to some drunken asshole and quickly fermented into nice evening with old friends. Most of the old crew showed up and some new faces did, too. Ashley is one of my closest roll dogs and was one of the key contributors to my "Big In '08" campaign. He will be missed for his undying optimism and 'gung-ho'ness for partying. But, on a lighter note, it is good to have Kayo back.

Kanadian Kayo & Jiimii

No comments: