Thursday, September 6, 2007

Music and the Wind

the first band, Jelly (before I was reprimanded for snapping photos)


Tonight my good little friend Kotone invited Paul and I out to see her sister's band, Fuzzy Control, at Shibuya O-West (check out '6-Thu' for the show line up) in Shibuya's 'Love Hotel' district. It had been shitty weather all day, but it seemed to kick up a notch when we arrived in Shibuya. I think the typhoon knew Paul had on new Nike sneaks; I had worn old ones because I know typhoons can be crafty. Paul and I got in for free and got free drinks because we were with Kotone, but all I drank was water due to the antibiotics I am on for this sinus infection. After Kotone's sister, Satoko, played we headed backstage with Kotone's husband and friends to meet the responsible parties. It was killer. We met a bunch of semi-famous musicians, actors/models (half-breeds from Zoolander), some wealthy dude who may or may not have been an executive for Marshall Amps, and, last but not least, the owner of the club. Really fun night, but it sucks because today ends the week-long McDonald's ¥200 Big Mac campaign. boo woo. The typhoon is kicking again; time to hunker down.

No comments: