Saturday, September 22, 2007

The last Birthday Blast cast




The final installment of the 'QC Birthday Bash' was held Friday evening in Kabuki-cho and was hosted two old friends from Orlando, Florida: Teppei 'Peppe' Yamauchi and So 'The General' Yanagawa. The General and I met up at Hachiko in Shibuya then headed for Kabuki-cho in Shinjuku to met Peppe and his wife, Yumi. The place he reserved for us was a classy little restaurant in a not so classy neighborhood; it was the perfect mix. We wined and dined (but with sake and umeshu, not wine) courtesy of the Yamauchi Family. Just when I thought we were wrapping up the manager presents me with an extremely high end bottle of sake, which Peppe and the General estimated at ¥30,000, then I was awarded with birthday gifts and a sweet cake. What have I done to deserve all of this kindness recently??? Who knows, but I came away with a delicious meal of Shabu Shabu, expensive sake, a cake, a Burberry tie, an IPod Shuffle, funky chopsticks, a round of karaoke, whiskey, and a my taxi fare home. Once again, I have to say it: "My friends are the best in the World!"




Getting the band back together: 'Peppe', 'Jimmy Bones', & 'The General'

No comments: