Thursday, August 30, 2007

When I was 24 it was a very good year


Today marks the day of my birth, 25 years after the actual event. People always ask you 'Do you feel different?' on your birthday. I always used to say 'no' and I was honestly telling the truth, but this birthday something seemed to change. I am the QC! I spent the day at home, alone, nursing my injured knee contemplating the feat I had achieved the previous day, before I went to the doctor for my X-ray. If I am correct I am the first person in my bloodline, modern and ancient, to have reached the peak of Mt. Fuji. I have been a lot of places around the globe, but this was the first place I have been where it is very possible that not one of any of my thousands of ancestors had ever been. I felt them as they saw the world through my eyes yesterday. I grew somewhere deep inside and realized something: When I was 24 it was very good year.

2 comments:

Dave Tran said...

Jimmy I love this picture! Did Helen take it?

Jimbo said...

yeh, she took it for the exhibition she is getting ready for. I am going to be reading/recording for it this month. pretty crazy. how did that go in the yucatan after the hurricane? another is coming.