Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Coolin' off in Kinuta Koen

Tuesday morning Hana drove over to pick me up and we headed to Kinuta Park for a well deserved dip in the pool. We had debated going to the beach, but decided it would not really be feasible because I had to start work at 5 that day. So after getting side-tracked a few times we arrived to find the pool completely jammed with families, there were probably more than 150 kids in the swimming area, due to the Obon holiday. There was a winding river with a pretty swift current and twin water slides that snakes around before emptying into a basin in the middle of the river loop. We swim around in the piss water, being called out several times for a 'break' (a.k.a. defecation removal), and I felt like a kid again. But later that day I accidentally washed my wallet which was very inconveniently left in the back pocket of my pants. Sometimes I wonder if there are forces working against me.....

No comments: