Monday, August 20, 2007

Tamagawa Hanabi


Betty showed up in Futako Shinchi around 4:30 to help me stake out a spot and set up the party that I had planned for watching the annual Tamagawa Fireworks Festival. We got a spot easy enough with a great view of both the Setagaya & Kawasaki fireworks and waited for all the others to arrive. Rohan and Hana showed up a few minutes before the show started, then Paul and his crew came about half way through, and finally Yuko found us with about 10 minutes left. Kumiko, Dave, and Naoko never found us. I would be lying if I said that I had an absolutely great time Saturday night. The fireworks were OK at best and I was a little disappointed that more people didn't come. So after the fireworks Hana, Kumiko, Dave, and Naoko came to my place for a few drinks and then headed home. It was an OK day, but I've had better.

No comments: