Thursday, April 26, 2007

Home at last!: Decemeber '06 & January '07


My Family



Central Florida Nature

Going back to Florida for 3 weeks over Christmas was a much needed energy boost. I got to do all the things I had been aching to do, i.e. eat at Taco Bell and drink Olde English 800. More importantly I got to see my family & friends and spend a lot in the Florida nature. We had a few family get-togethers for my homecoming, Christmas, and other events, which were a blast; I never realized how much I missed my family.


Orlando Friends


Ocala Friends

Most of the old university crew, from UCF and elsewhere, showed for Matt’s annual New Year’s Eve celebration: Eric, John Blaze, Jewish Ben, Aaron, Scotty, Abed, Raf, Miles, Chris, Puerto Rican Ben, Wes, etc… It was a hoot, but that’s all I can say. It was 3 days of debauchery topped off with something extra. Wow. I also got a chance to see an Orlando Magic game, which they won, and party hard with my old high school friends, Rob P., Suga Shane, Joey Amodeo, etc… It was really fun.


This is my life. This is Florida.


But what surely goes down as the most memorable times of that vacation were the times I spent with my grandfather. I visited every few days in his nursing home and would stay to talk about the old times while my sister, Mabry, rubbed his head. Those were the last times I would spend with him, and I know I spent my time wisely. I had always felt guilty for not being there more for my mother and grandmother, but I am sure I made up for it with my devotion to Pops. He was a great man.

Mentor & Protege

I said all goodbyes and farewells and I was off again, back to the Far East for a new year full of fun and surprises.

No comments: