Thursday, April 26, 2007

Brazil: Winter(Summer) 2006


This short trip could have possibly been the best vacation I will ever go on in my entire life. The prep-work seemed to be an unsurpassable mountain with two 6-hour drives to the Brazilian Consulate General in Miami, endless phone calls to travel agents, a day long delay in Orlando, and getting an ear infection from swimming in doggy piss-water. But in the end it was well worth all the hassle.

I landed in São Paulo early in the morning and was greeted by my dear friend, Ricardo, and his cousin, Felix. Later in the day I met up with my distant cousin, Simony, and one of her friends and we all went out for a big Churrasco BBQ and then went out clubbing that night. It was amazing going to a country like Brazil and immediately feeling like a local. I have had some pretty strange and bad experiences just ‘showing up’ in countries without knowing anybody there first, but that was certainly not the case in Brazil with my friends and family. I felt right at home within hours and never felt like, and more importantly was treated like, a tourist.




Ricky and I departed for his home town, Salvador, after two days. There I stayed for the remainder of the time. It is an amazing city of Portuguese and African influence, and is on of the favorite domestic destinations for it’s near perfect tropical climate, historical importance, and of course Carnival. While there I experienced the best beaches, best people, and best atmosphere all together of any place I have ever been. The night life was something from a Hollywood movie and the sightseeing was more than I could have imagined (especially the sight of the beautiful ladies). One night this black chick climbed up my back at a club. I couldn’t believe how much these beautiful babies were throwing themselves all over me. Must be the blue eyes. It is my dream to go back there again some day.


So I parted with Ricky and was en route to São Paulo for a day-long layover on my way back to Florida with a killer earache. Simony came to keep me company for a few hours which was an unexpected treat. I really miss her and Ricky.

Mil Beijos,
- O Lobo da Noite

No comments: