Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Early Years: 1982-Summer 1999

Growing up in rural north Florida can be summed up with one phrase that is all-too-common in my limited vernacular: 'It'll get ya!' I always had lots of free time and lots of forest and swamp to explore, and I always had the same friends and family to spend my time with. For the most part it was a relatively uneventful childhood, filled with loads of certainty and lots of great memories.

Now that I am residing in the Beast that most call Tokyo, I often find myself day dreaming of those care-free days, fantasizing about the orange & pink evenings of a late August summer or the crystal blues of a mid-winter morning. And in a lot of those half-waking day dreams I find myself enjoying the easy life with my cousins in my Grandparent's old house. Those were the days....

I could go into meticulous detail on this subject for a lifetime, but......... I won't.

No comments: