Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Fortnight of Freedom/Off for Osaka

The Fantastic Plastic Machine
Monday the 16th Eri invited Oz James and I to her friend's birthday party. Her friend just happens to be a famous DJ, The Fantastic Plastic Machine, that works with RIP Slyme among others. James and I met for drinks in Shibuya where we ran into one of my old friends from Harajuku, Mike. I decided to invite him and his friend along, which James has deemed a bad decision, but things were fun that night. We rocked up to Omotesando around midnight and commenced the partying. It was sweet, the dude to chick ratio was great and I met a load cool chicks (and a few too young). Mike licked one.




Welcome Back To Tokyo

On Wednesday Kumiko threw a party in Shibuya for the arrival of her boyfriend, Dave. He is good friends with both Dirty Dave and Oz James from Sydney, but the strangest thing is that he was born in Herisau, Switzerland. Herisau is about a 20 minute drive from St. Gallen, the city in which I spent a majority of my time. He said that I am the first person that has ever heard of that town and I don't doubt him. Small world. Anyway, It was all great fun that night with way too much drinking (of course) and another night of a killer dude-chick ratio. The shitty part is that I lost my wallet that night. R.I.P. gator skin Perry Ellis....



Amelia the Kiwi & Jane of Oz
After work Saturday night I bolted to Youga for a birthday party for two of my friends, Amelia and Jane. They are two super sweet ladies of the Polynesian persuasion who have had great parties every time I am invited (coincidence? probably.). I met up with Paul and Steve at the station and we headed to the bar which was this snazzy sidewalk cafe under the Tomei expressway. Cool night. They tried to get me to come out for an all-nighter in Shibuya, but I had to refrain from letting 'Jimbo the Animal Man' out of his cage. I think it was a wise decision.




Samba Shinjo/Tama BBQ
After work on Sunday I headed to Musashi Shinjo to meet Paul for a Carnival parade that was being held there. The troop that performed was the same that does the parade in Asakusa every year. There we met with Mark, Makoto, Yuko, and two others. The festival was small, but lively and I am really glad I decided to go. I felt like a was back in Salvador, Brazil for a minute. When the parade wrapped up we headed back to my neighborhood, Futako Shinchi, for a massive party at the river. It was some dudes birthday and he said they had been drinking all day. It showed; there were about 50 wrecked people stumbling around under the bridge in the mud. That party wasn't the best but it was a good way to end a Sunday evening. And it just so happens that I ran into Harajuku Mike again that night. What a character... enough said.




On most of the other nights I went out and did the regular dinner & drinks with friends and ladies. I also busted my ass a few days trying to sort out my missing wallet which is still a mystery. My consecutive working days stretch is now at eight and I have two to go more before I am off to Osaka on the midnight bus to see Miho and surprise Junko at her farewell party. Good times and Go for the Gold!

'Go for the Gold!': Doggy-style with legos.

No comments: