Thursday, July 12, 2007

All Inked Up and Ready to Go

Today I saw the Far Right and met the Far Left. It was a marvelous day.

My new friend Kotone invited me to her tattoo appointment at NS7.DEPT tattoo studio in Shinjuku because I had mentioned that I was thinking about taking in some ink last time we spoke. She is a really cool chick I met whose father turns out to be a famous drummer endorsed by Yamaha and who played with my good friend 'Carl' Louis DeAndrade in the past. Small world. We had to make a pit-stop in Shibuya along the way to drop by one of her father's schools and upon exiting the station we realized it was a lot more crowded than usual. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was giving a speech on top of one of those all-to-common black vans, the symbol of the Conservatives. The Far Right.

Shinzo Abe blowing hot air at Hachiko Square, Shibuya in front of my office


The tattoo joint in Shinjuku was a lot more lax than I had anticipated it being. There I met the two artists, Yu-chan and Sezuki, who are covered with elaborate designs and traditional Japanese dragons. They were super cool and we all chatted while Kotone was discussing/planning her next design, which is going to be an abstract scorpion composed of Chinese characters (I have been talking about scorpions way too much recently). It turns out that Sezuki is an extremely talented artist that previously worked for the Yakuza, has been in several movies, written a book, and appears in tattoo magazines monthly. She said she would hook me up with a discount because I told her she looked 18. What a cool chick. The Far Left.


Yu-chan, Jimbo, and Sezuki

2 comments:

sally.tamagotchi said...

You do meet some interesting people.
Glad to see you blogging!
Keep it up, I don't like taking all that trouble to click on your link only to find nothing new.

The Wandering ABC said...

Hey. yeah she's awesome. I have an appointment with her next month. I had to book her 4 months in advance. She's pretty amazing person! place was kinda hard to find..haha very discrete location