Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Mothman Prophecies: Redeux


It had been about 4 years since I had last seen The Mothman Prophecies and when I saw it then, in Spain at Iowa's apartment, it freaked me out completely. Well, after Betty left my place Kotone and I went to Tamaplaza to meet Taka. We rented The Mothman Prophecies, which I though was going to knock my socks off again, but strangely, it had quite the opposite effect on me. I don't know whether I was just drunk or actually had a genuinely enlightening experience, but this time I saw the Mothman not as a psychotic angel of death, but as a benevolent well-wisher just trying to warn folks about impending danger. He was all like, "Hey, ya'll. There's gonna to be some shit breakin' off here soon." But nobody could to understand his message because they were cousin-banging yokels, except for Richard Gere who was some big shot know-it-all from the Washington Post. Anyway, the moral of the story that I got was to give peace a chance or some bullshit.

No comments: