Saturday, May 12, 2007

1st week back in Tokyo: May 2007

Coming back to the reality of Tokyo was kinda sad. Two of my friends, Dirty Dave and ‘Colonel’ Karen Sanders, have gone on their respective ways for different parts of the globe. But on the other hand it has been another non-stop whirlwind with less than 30 hours sleep since I have been back. Chillin almost every night with the regulars never gets old.

Had drinks with Ash and Kiyo on the night of my return and it has snowballed out of control since then. I don't really even remember Monday or Tuesday, but I sure as shit remember Wednesday. The party of J-Cubed did two hours of 'namihodai' in Shibuya then Eri took Oz James, Oz James 2 (j4), and I to this swanky fashion party in Omotesando. The place would have been really happening another time, but we weren't feeling the atmosphere so we bounced for Roppongi.




J-Cubed: James, Jimmy, Jimbo


So it was like this: Three assholes named James looking for a good time in Roppongi. What do you do? You guessed it. Titty Bar. It was actually the first time I went in Japan, and I think it will be the last. We met up with my Nigerian Tout friend, Prince, and he promised to give us a good deal. Fuck That. We were in the club for a grand total of ten minutes when the staff asshole came with a bill of 13,800 yen. I immediately got red in the face and we had a standoff after I threatened to kick the his ass. We left, but I still paid. The night went downhill from there and I won't go into details, but j4 lost his phone and I cursed every Nigerian on the street that night.

Friday Kumiko and I went to The Funky Chicken Disco Yakitori. It’s a Soul/Funk/Disco-themed Yakitori bar in Shibuya’s ‘Love hotel’ district that is constantly blaring tunes from James Brown, The Tempations, etc. I love that place. After I parted with Kumiko I hit up my local watering hole, Potluck. There was this French chick there that started buying me beers and pizza. She was really cool, but also had incredibly offensive BO. So after I got really shit-faced I told her I had a girlfriend and got my bill which was only 1000 yen. Sweet!



Saturday night my Canadian buddy Alex had his last concert at the Ruby Room in Shibuya before returning to Canada, so I hit that up then met up with Ashley, Oz James, j4, Kumiko and Kumiko's Horde (there were 8 of them I think) for the bus ride to this club called Ageha. Man, this place is fuckin rockin! A few buds say it’s the biggest club in Asia, and they could be right. But one source (Ash) said, "It’s the biggest club in South East Asia!" To which I replied, "Japan isn't in South East Asia." Ash: "oh..." So maybe it is or isn't the biggest..... Who knows?

Anyway, Eri put us all on the guest list (except for Ash and Chez, but that was my fault) and we partied like rock stars until 5. This place even played South beats like Rick Ross, but the best part is that it is kinda classy and expensive so there is less of the Shibuya street scum. I have shotty memories of dropping drinks and grabbing random girls while dancing on the edge of pool over looking the river and Odaiba. Like I said before, Great Night.


1 comment:

Dave Tran said...

JIMBO!! I'm loving the blog updates, keep em coming.

Glad to hear your hanging out with Eri, you guys were my best people in Japan. Just make sure no one touches her!

Keep holdin it down in 08! I'll be in touch. Peace.