Thursday, October 11, 2007

A day at the park: Asakusa


Wednesday I had organized a final touristy outing for my UCF friend, Shari, whom I had never even actually met in Florida. Kotone met me at Futako Shinchi and then we met Shari in Asakusa. We decided to eat before we went to see the Sensō-ji, so Kotone called one of her friends who said he would meet us there later. We went ahead and visited the temples and then met her friend (who is actually he father's friend) and his patient (he is a dentist) for a well earned lunch of monja. He treated us to that and then suggested that we go to Hanayashiki, the oldest amusement park in Japan (since 1853), to which he also treated us. It was awesome to spend some quality time with Shari before she leaves. Her farewell party is going to be this Sunday evening and I am looking forward to that.

After I returned home that evening I had to turn back around to meet Kumiko and Dave in Shibuya for dinner & drinks with a few of Dave's Australian Navy friends. Those guys were loaded with cash and trying to pay for everything for us, but I had to refuse and pay my own way because I had hooked up so graciously earlier that day. Karma will catch up with you.

I caught up with them next morning on the way to Shinjuku to meet Derek. They were still visibly and olfactoribly (it's my new word for 'capability of being smelled') wrecked. Good luck on the boat, boys!

No comments: