Tuesday, October 2, 2007

1 & 1/2 airports in 2 days


I got up early this morning to meet Ozzy Jimmy in Shibuya for his trip to Narita International. We exchanged news on the previous days happenings that included him kicking Cam's head in, which required 7 stitches, and the ominous NOVA news, then we boarded the Yamanote Line bound for Nippori. I decided not to go all the way to Narita, so we parted ways in Nippori station; James for Costa Rica and I for home. On the way back I did a fair amount of contemplating about my life in general, the recent events, and the last 4 or 5 years of my life. James asked me something as we were getting on the Yamanote line, something that I have been asked a lot recently, "So, what's your plan?" For some reason it really hit home then, maybe because so many people are leaving or maybe because my job is in jeopardy or maybe who knows. But, for whatever reason I guess I don't have a plan, and I guess I haven't had one for quite some time. Another thing that came to mind was the idea of parting with friends. Over the years I have had to part ways with heaps of friends and have subsequently become very much desensitized to the whole experience. I haven't decided if that's a good thing or not, but I remember when Gabriel first left Orlando and then leaving my family for Sicily, and how emotionally distraught I was both of those times. Now, I pretty much live alone with little contact from my old friends or family. It's pretty lonely sometimes and I miss them all, but I get along alright. Who knows where this life is taking me, or any of us, but one of my friends, Matt, recently wrote a blog on the topic. He wrote about finding life's path and that some people never find their path. I think that is a fairly accurate description, but I would have to disagree with the latter portion. Your path is what you chose and maybe some people don't realize it, but you make you own path. Sometimes it is an easy stroll through a meadow, but sometimes one might have to blaze a trail through thick underbrush and rough terrain. More importantly, it's impossible to be on the wrong path, because there is only one way; there is only one you.

No comments: